We can obtain a California Apostille and California Authentications for your birth certificate, notarized document, notarized transcript, or legal documents. Since we are located in Los Angeles, we submit your document to the California Secretary of State the same day we receive it. The Secretary of State will take an average of 5-7 business days to apostille or authenticate most documents for international use in accordance with the Hague Convention.

Our service fee for a routine apostille is $74 per document plus the $20 Secretary of State filing fee and their $6 counter fee. Here are your 3 steps…

  1. Complete your online order here.
  2. Get your document Notarized. (or select the option to have us do this for you, $15 certificate + $5 admin)
  3. Mail the Original Document to us at: Downtown Los Angeles Notary, 924 Santee Street, Suite #1, Los Angeles, California 90015

Please make sure that your document will be accepted by the Secretary of State prior to sending us your document. We cannot determine if your document will be accepted for filing and we charge a service fee for delivering the document in person regardless if the document is apostilled or rejected.

Additional Apostille Information

The California Secretary of State provides authentication of public official signatures on documents (international certificates) to be used outside the United States of America. The country of destination determines whether an Apostille or Authentication is applied per the Hague Convention. Please check the Hague Convention list of countries to make sure your country is included prior to requesting an apostille.

The most common types of documents submitted for legalization include:

  • Marriage licenses
  • References and job certification
  • Birth Certificates
  • Patent Applications
  • School records
  • Trademarks
  • Diplomas
  • Deeds of assignment
  • Transcripts
  • Distributorship Agreements
  • Letters relating to degrees
  • Bylaws
  • Home studies
  • Articles of Incorporation
  • Powers of attorney
  • Papers for adoption purposes
  • Merger Agreements
  • Certificates of non-marital status
  • Certificates of Amendment

These documents must be current certified copies and/or must have been notarized by us or a California Notary Public local to you. For school records you must obtain a notarized copy of record from the high school, college, or university, etc. prior to forwarding to the Notary Public Section for authentication.